Otters and more

So we were Texas Zoo bound today. About halfway to Victoria, I realize that in my frantic state of trying to leave the house I did not pack correctly for a day at the zoo. I only had 1 drink for Kelsey and 1 for myself. I only had 1 snack trap for us to share...now having gone to the San Antonio zoo on many occasions I realized I was in for spending a fortune on refreshments inside the zoo since I did not pack well enough. Oh well. Kelsey and I were doing good to be going to the zoo. I threatened many times earlier today that the zoo trip would be cancelled unless she behaved....unfortunately it took the third threat for me to figure out that she is too young to understand and just laughed.

So on to the zoo...unprepared...I pay my entry fee (Kelsey gets in free still! ) and proceed to the map to figure out which course to go! After looking at the map for 5 seconds I realize the zoo was maybe 1-2 acres SMALL! Now how did that happen here in Texas??? I mean, the TEXAS zoo is that SMALLEST zoo I have ever been to! Needless to say we were done in 1 1/2 hours and had walked the zoo twice!



Now why you ask do I write this post? Because if you have ever been to a zoo with Robbie, you know his favorite animal is ALWAYS the otters...sea otters....fresh water otters...all otters... We walk up to the otter exhibit and Kelsey gets nose to nose with a swimming otter. The otter picks his head up out of the water and shakes it vigorously and Kelsey steps back and shakes shakes shakes her head too! It was so funny. There this otter is and my daughter just staring eye to eye and then shake shake shake then back to staring! It happened over and over until the ladies came to clean the tank and Kelsey saw it as a way to dart into the door to get closer to the otter. Luckily I caught her just in time and there was no fiasco! But by that time the otter was gone and Kelsey was more interested in the monkeys. I guess it really is the little things in life, right?

Comments

  1. Too cute! I had never heard of the Texas zoo; now I guess I know why haha.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Airplane!

A pure sense of Adventure!

A New Day