I look at my daughters, and I believe

I look at my daughter, and I believe

Actually that should be "my daughters". While jogging this morning, I was listening to my "running" playlist and the song by Live came on titled "Heaven". It is a little older of song but the meaning in it is so deep. Here is a sample of the lyrics for those of you who don't listen to this type of music: 

You don't need no friends get back your faith again
you have the power to believe
another dissident
take back your evidence it has no power to deceive
I'll believe it when I see it, for myself

I don't need no one to tell me about heaven
I look at my daughter, and I believe.
I don't need no proof when it comes to God and truth
I can see the sunset and I perceive
I sit with them all night
everything they say is right but in the morning they were wrong
I'll be right by your side come hell or water high
down any road you choose to roam
I'll believe it when I see it for myself

There are some things during the past day, month, year that I have learned about myself and family...

1. I love organization and yet can not seem to stay that way.  Robbie will tell you I am the first to buy new containers and "organizational" items but am still not living in an organized home.

2.  While extremely proud of my husband, I have realized that we will probably never have those normal family weekends and family vacation times consistently. 

3. Everytime Robbie goes back into work for a evening, I will always worry.

4.  In a less that 3 weeks, I will be the mom of a 4 year old and a 1 year old. 

5.  Even after a struggling, sleepless night, it takes one smile from Kelsey or Cadie in the morning for me to forget all of the previous night.

6.  I am starting to enjoy running.  Mind you I said "starting". I will also admit that I have and "ecletic" running playlist.  Much of it is made up of teeny-pop music including Britney and many of the Glee-charting songs.   It does include varying artists such as Casting Crowns, Live, Shakira, and Linkin Park.

7.  I have been truly blessed with the husband and 2 girls God has given to me. 

8.  There is nothing better than a hug, smile, or even a tackle from the girls.  Yes, now that Cadence has learned to stand, she straight up tackled me this morning on purpose.  It made Kelsey laugh so hard so rolled on the floor!

9.  Even in South TX, there are still places to travel to.  Granted we are a long way from most anywhere else, but my family still finds places to discover.
Photo taken in Brazos Bend St. Park
10.  I am very goal-oriented.  I started to finish this post and publish it but then I realized that I had ended on 9 points and just couldn't post it until I had listed 10.  I like round numbers. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Airplane!

A pure sense of Adventure!

A New Day